2009-10-01

Things don’t always go as you plan and its OK


I am not going to lie, it hasn't been easy for me to stay positive. Before I moved to Hollywood to follow my dreams, I spent the past year serving bottles of vodka and champagne to people that were willing to spend hundreds or sometimes thousands of dollars on a bottle of liquor. I made my living solely from their gratuity…their willingness to give me 20% of their ridiculous bill. Did it always happen? No. Did I make a really good living regardless? YES! I wanted to save enough money to move to LA and pay $2000 a month for a shitty apartment and so I did. This is how I had it planned: I am going to save enough money to live in LA for three months without having have to worry about wasting time on looking for a regular job. I will be in the best shape of my life and maybe even meet my ridiculously rich prince charming that will sweep me of my feet and I won’t have to find a job and just concentrate on producing my tv show...You find it funny/crazy/stupid right?! Now this is what really happened…my savings account depleted in sound breaking speed…seven pounds of food trapped in my ass later and not much more to show for what felt like lifetime of saving up…I know I will be OK. They say, “Nobody trusts a skinny chef”:)...Now, let’s stay positive!